Every day, millions of people sit in front of the computer searching for a job. With eyes scanning the screen, fingers typing that perfect cover letter, mind in a state of agitation and heart filled with prayer, every job seeker, searches for that Elusive Perfect Job. It is especially challenging to get a job, if you are trying after a gap or do not have professional connections.
For most, getting a job is a matter of bread and butter while others look in order to be in a better work situation …but whatever may be the reason – It’s disheartening to read the rejection letter after being extremely hopeful about getting a job.
“Unfortunately, you are no longer under consideration for this position…” – this line in a job rejection letter is terribly disheartening. It may ruin one’s entire day or maybe week! But the fact remains that the only way to finding a job is to be on the move… to explore! So, while the search is on, do remember some of these tips from your blogger friend!
- If you have applied for 40 jobs, aim for 400 – The higher the count, the better the chances are to get employment. Also, while searching, you will come across a variety of job requirements and explore new career avenues, which you never thought, existed. Job search is a great learning experience in itself.
- You are a job explorer rather than a job seeker – You did not lose that job, you have just been directed to a new path on your way to your job. Don’t take it personally, it’s not about you, it’s about their job requirements. You are a job explorer! You go find or create a new path!
- Add that element of fun to your job search – Tired, bored, exhausted from a job search? Why not add some element of fun to it. Make a peppy, off-beat resume or maybe, appear for on-the-spot hiring events (even though unrelated), just for the heck of it. You never know what you will come across.
- If you feel nervous about interviews, think this way! – You’ve got an opportunity to talk about yourself. In the world of social media, everyone is talking about their achievements. But here is a chance to talk about yourself to someone, who is so eager to listen. So, go ahead, be chatty and talk about yourself. Also, you get a bonus chance to interview the interviewer too. When you have the chance to ask questions, do ask – what qualities and skills are they looking for in an ideal candidate? And what are the daily challenges in the job? You will get many important answers from his response.
- The one quality that will get you through the most trying times is – Resilience. Don’t worry about dwindling confidence, lack of motivation, self-defeating thoughts or lack of connections. They are what they are – Just thoughts! Your job is to keep exploring and applying.
- Tap the Hidden Job Market- Be on the lookout for the Hidden Job market. It exists but does not get advertised. It’s potential can be tapped through networking, volunteering or reaching out to people.
- During the job search, take out a few hours to upskill yourself. Get certified or take a course. It helps!
- Raise the target as your search continues – If you have applied 400 times, make sure you raise the target. In the face of such tremendous willpower, how will the elusive job, stay elusive?
- “Congratulations! We are pleased to offer you a job at our company. We think that your experience and skills will be a valuable asset to our company.” – Read these words and envision the joy associated with them. It will take you nearer to your goal!
Breathe, Believe and Good Luck! And, congratulations in advance.
Images courtesy Google
Today, I came across a treasure of inspiring thoughts for kids in my notes app. These thoughts are great for character and confidence building. I guess I had put it together for my older one, when he was probably 5 and the little one was a toddler.
As I read the list today, that is four years later, I felt the thoughts are still relevant for them. I thought of sharing it with you, my blog friends! I hope this gift of 21 inspiring and positive quotes help you and your kids in some way. ( Copy and take a print out if you wish).
For Dear Kids
1. I never, never, never give up. I keep trying until I achieve what I want. I am successful because I try.😍
2. I am creative when I paint, write, dance, play music, draw or do any form of art.🤡
3. I am responsible and my parents trust me.✌️
4. I know how to listen. When I listen, I show others that I care.😸
5. If I am kind, I have kind friends. Friends are attracted to kindness.👬
6. I think for myself. I know that in every situation, I have a choice. I know that smart choices are choices that are good for me, that do not hurt anyone including myself.🙋🏻
7. Sharing with others makes me feel good and makes them feel good too.🤝
8. Smiling is contagious. I smile at everyone. I smile at the bus driver, at my teachers and at people on the street. When I smile, others usually smile back.😇
9. When I am not happy, I can always choose to think of the good things that have happened to me and change my mood.😎
10. I am honest and say what is on my mind in a nice way without hurting others.😉
11. When I am in trouble, I can ask for help. Many people around me can help me.🤗
12. It is normal to have good and bad feelings. Bad feelings go away eventually.🌈🌞
13. Sport is for fun. When I lose in a game, I am still happy for participating and having fun.🏃🏻🏃🏻
14. When something goes wrong instead of feeling bad about it, I concentrate on what I can do next time to make it better.☃️
15. I know what good attention is and what bad attention is. I attract good attention by being kind, successful, friendly, supportive and happy. It is the better attention to attract.✨
16. I take care of my body by eating healthy and resting enough.🥙
17. I am unique and special in this world.🤴🤴
18. I am grateful for what I have and every night before bed time I say words of thanks for something I have.🙏🏻🙏🏻
19. When I need to do something that seems hard, I break it down to small tasks to make it easier for me.🙃
20. I have good manners and healthy hygienic habits🧴
21. My parents and family love me the most!👨👩👦👦
Images courtesy Google
Hi there! I felt like quickly sketching something – just pencil on paper. A gifted yesteryear actress from India was my inspiration for this sketch. Does she look like someone to you?
Here is another photo of the smiling beauty. Hope you like her! Be well and sending more smiles your way.
Ever wondered that the profound concept of Nishkama Karma Yoga (Selfless Action with Detachment) is contradictory in nature? How do we find inaction in action? And how do we do anything selflessly without any expectation? We are humans, right?
There cannot be any motivation if we are not result-oriented. Hmmm! But this contradiction is the beauty of Nishkama Karma Yoga. If we go to heart of it, we will know that this great philosophy mentioned in the Bhagavd Gita ensures perfection minus stress and anxiety. And the ultimate reaper of any selfless action is the doer!
We have to understand this – Nishkama Karmayoga is about detachment not disconnect. Detachment is different from disconnect. Disconnect would stop karma altogether detachment will bring karma to the center instead of the result factor. To a detached person, all enjoyment comes from just the action and activity, the result is surrendered. Here are a few quotes that underscore the meaning, the path and the greatness of Nishkama Karma Yoga. These quotes will hopefully dissolve the contradictory factor and make us evolve into our better selves.
What is Nishkama Karma Yoga – This quote helps us understand the concept
If one can joyfully involve in any activity, that is Karma Yoga. If one does it with stressful effort and a motive, it is just karma, not yoga.
Here is why a Nishkama Karma Yogi stays stress free and gets a better result automatically!
How to practice Nishkama Karma Yoga – How to remove the result part from the action part?
Tricky, right? Love and faith is the answer. Nishkama Karma Yoga can only happen if you love somebody or something so completely that you work just for the heck of it. Appreciation and recognition is a bonus! For those who believe in God, every action is an act of surrender. The devotee believes He is the doer, the act and the result, so he stays blissful. And did you know it is being practiced as a great management mantra in some of the big organizations?
Why is Nishkama Karma Yoga so amazing?
(Images courtesy Google)
Are you hunting for Covid-19 vaccine too? This Tuesday, everyone above the age of 16 became eligible to receive covid-19 vaccination in Minnesota, USA.
And since then there has been a mad rush to book vaccine appointments, which disappears as soon as it appears on appointment booking sites of Walmart, Hyvee, CVS, Walgreens etc..
Those who have received their vaccinations recommended checking the MN Vaccine Connector every few minutes. Some say that midnight is the best time to book.
I have found this particular Twitter handle quite quick in showing the availability of vaccines – Minnesota Vaccine Alerts (@MNVaccineAlerts). I have not been able to book one but the handle is genuine. Another good site is MN Vaccine Spotter. I guess, as this mad rush settles down a bit the vaccines will be more easily available.
People have been comparing one vaccine to other. But which of the three – Moderna, PFizer or Johnson & Johnson is the best? According to Dr. Melanie Swift, co-chair of Mayo Clinic’s COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation and Distribution Work Group – “People really should take whichever vaccine is available to them. You can’t compare these vaccines head to head because they were tested in different circumstances. They are all highly effective,”
I tried booking for vaccination at Fairview Hospitals when I heard that they were giving preferences to BIPOC. But then South Asians are not in the list.
So, I guess I will have to wait longer and keep trying through MN Vaccine Connector. I believe by April – May, most of us would be vaccinated and win against the pandemic.
Have you rolled up your sleeves and got your shot or are you still looking? What has been your experience like? Here is wishing you all the best for your vaccine hunting! #victoryagainstcorona #RollUpYourSleevesMN
Images courtesy Google
As Artificial Intelligence continues to grow at top speed, the digital humans may replace humans everywhere in the digital world. Who knows the next superstar we get crazy about may turn out to be a digital human!
He or she would be Artificially created with the best facial features, lovely expressions and acting prowess. They would have an amazing body and dancing skills.
And those digital actors would be inexpensive as opposed to human film stars who need a lot for their upkeep! The producers would not have to spend a fortune on their make up, clothes, botox or fitness regime. Imagine, a digital human would never age so they would keep doing films!
And our current film heartthrobs would be giving interviews and talking about the time before the digital humans took over the silver screen…!
Not only film stars, we will have digital humans as YouTube creators, news reporters, webinar speakers, instructors, teachers, instagrammers…
And then there will be a role reversal – realhumans would begin to follow digital humans because they would be so perfect, so amazing, so stylish, so beautiful…!
I often wonder what that first digital human superstar would look like! And whether the popularity of digital human superstars would continue or humans would get tired of fake, perfect digital humans? And whether humanity would fall in love with human imperfections once again? Hmm…just a thought…let’s see!
Didn’t I tell you every sunset is different? These 10 sunset pictures taken from the same place, prove this fact. Have a look at the stunning, glorious sunset pictures that will amaze you. And there are some amazing Sunset quotes for that extra effect! Enjoy.
Images courtesy – My Iphone
Wishing all of you a very happy, peaceful and prosperous Diwali 2020!
Have you ever eavesdropped on chats between a kid and Google Home or Alexa? Well, it is funny how smart home devices mix up things.
When the kids came down for breakfast this morning, they were pleasantly surprised to find a holiday toy list booklet on the table.
Looking at the pleasure in their eyes, I said – “Maybe Santa has placed it on the table, considering, you two have been very nice boys.” The older one played along but the little one expressed his wish for a fancy toy to ask from Santa this Christmas.
The older one forbid the little one to not go for expensive toys. The little one complained, “Why can’t I ask for expensive toys?”.
“It might be expensive for Santa as he has to deliver a lot of gifts. He might not have so much money. Elves make toys for him to deliver!”, reasoned big bro.
The little one came running to me. “Is Santa rich? How much does he earn?” he asked me.
“I don’t know how much Santa earns!” I replied.
He turned to Mrs. Google Home, his favorite machine, who patiently answers his unlimited questions.
“Hey Google, does Santa have enough money? Will it be difficult for him if I wish for expensive toys? How much does he earn?” asked the little one.
Well, Mrs. Google, answered readily, quoting from a random site – “Freelance Santas typically rake in $150 an hour and some make as much as $500.”
“See!” said the little one victoriously to big bro, “Santa makes enough money. He is rich!”
I silently laughed at the question and the answer by Mrs. Google. While Mrs. Google is a great in telling answers, stories and informing about great things, she clearly has a lot to learn!
(Note – A Big Halloween Surprise is Coming Up. So, do subscribe and keep an eye on this space to grab the freebie.)
Images courtesy Google
Last week, we went for a long drive towards Lake Superior in Duluth, Minnesota and saw some breathtaking sceneries along the way.
Here are 10 beautiful pictures that will make you smile and brighten your day.
Every leaf looks like a flower, isn’t it? It is glorious around here this season.
Also, I wanted to wish you all happiness, peace, success and prosperity as the beautiful festival of Navratri starts from today🙏🏻. Jai Maa.
Hope you liked the pics. Take care and stay blissful!